Chef de partie - The Millstone
Church Lane, Mellor, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 7JR 53.77373 -2.531228
We’re looking for a Chef de Partie to join our skilled kitchen team
As Chef de Partie you can become a vital part of our high performing brigade. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
- Managing a section in our kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Ensuring the highest levels of hygiene and safety
- Maintaining areas of work and machinery
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
Proven previous experience in this or a similar role is essential.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career. We can support you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications through our academies that will develop your skills as you journey up the ladder.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Millstone is an inn located in the picturesque village of Mellor, in the Ribble Valley. With a busy restaurant, bar and guest rooms, customer service is at the heart of everything - and after recently undertaking a major refurbishment there's no better time to join the team. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?