Assistant Manager - Royal Oak
Main Street, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5HZ 54.600464 -3.136371
The Royal Oak
Are you looking for the next step in your F&B career?
We are searching for an Assistant Manager who can support our GM & Deputy Manager in our busy Inn.
Your day to day;
- Taking control of rotas
- Managing staff levels to meet payroll budgets
- Managing and developing the skills of your team
- Being the point of call for any management issues
- Serving food, taking room reservations and looking after guests.
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be proactive and ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations of the business.
This is a hands-on role so you will need to be comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting involved with service.
We need someone with previous experience of working within a busy, food-led operation – exposure to supervisory or management duties is desirable.
Our business is open all day every day so you will need to be flexible with the times you can work.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Royal Oak is situated in the heart of Keswick and its historic roots and closeness to Cumbrian fells make it a popular destination among walkers, holiday makers and literary fans. With a busy restaurant, bars and guest rooms, customer service is central to everything and our team is the key to its success. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
The Royal Oak