Conference & Events Assistant Manager- Solent Hotel & Spa
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879927 -1.249534
Solent Hotel & Spa
We’re looking for a Conference & Events Assistant Manager to join our Conference & Events sales team
You will be providing an efficient and hospitable service to all conference delegates to meet the needs of their business whilst in the hotel. Maintaining and exceeding conference standards in accordance to the Hotel Product Plan and Standard Operating Procedures.
Your day to day;
• Maintain at all times a high profile within the department.
• Be fully conversant with the Hotel Product Plan
• Meet and greet all Conference organisers and ensure close liaison during the
day to ensure the smooth running of their conference/meeting.
• Attend daily and weekly briefings and communicate information related to your
department and foster a high level of co-ordination and co-operation between
• Maintain a professional working relationship with the Sales team in order to meet
the requirements of the clients.
• Ensure all rooms, and equipment are in maintained in a good working order at all times.
• Ensure all Health & Safety and Hygiene requirements are met within the department
• Maximise opportunities for additional sales within the conference department.
• Ensure the smooth running of banqueting events.
• Ensure all Function rooms are correctly cleared down.
• Produce efficient rotas, utilising staff and time effectively to meet the business needs of
the hotel and department.
• Accurate completion of Fourth Hospitality for wage compilation.
• Plan and carry out regular S.O.P training sessions for departmental personnel, ensuring
training is effective and is recorded.
• Identify training needs within departmental personnel.
• Assist the Hotel HR Admin in the recruitment and selection of personnel.
• Conduct staff ELMA’s to the standard required by Thwaites.
• Maintain a disciplined and motivated team.
• Undergo such development and training activities as determined by your line manager
and the Hotel General Manager
Who are we looking for?
We need someone who is passionate about Events to join our fantastic Conference and Events sales team. You need to be able to work effectively within the team, and to contribute to a happy, productive working atmosphere as we believe that our success comes from well-led individuals who form committed teams.
Conference & Events are very important to our guests but they also mean a lot to us too, we pride ourselves on providing great facilities and experiences. You will need to identify opportunities to promote every part of the hotel, maximizing revenue and ensuring the guests get everything they want.
If you have a flair for organisation, great communication skills and can turn ideas into reality then this could be the role for you.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
•A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
•28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
•Health cash plan
•Generous employee discounts
•Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
•An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
Solent Hotel & Spa