Gym Manager - Emperors Gym, Middletons Hotel
Skeldergate, York YO1 6DS 53.954696 -1.084196
Middletons Hotel, York
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Gym Team.
As Gym Manager you will ensure we provide the highest standards within the Leisure facilities and will welcome the challenge of motivating a large team.
Your day to day;
- Meeting all health and fitness responsibilities ensuring the gym, studio and pool areas are always in excellent condition
- Leading your team to create a warm and safe environment for our members and guests
- Recommending activities or opportunities to support hotel and membership teams whenever possible
- Communicating with other internal departments to ensure integration of the Gym within the whole hotel
- Deal with all problems, enquiries and complaints from Gym clientele when required
- You will need to maximise the sales of the Gym area by continually looking for opportunities and ways to innovate
- Actively tracking class attendance and reviewing the timetable, implementing new classes and changes in schedules to meet clients’ needs
Who are we looking for?
You will need to have a good rapport with staff and guests and be able to effectively communicate on all levels.
A Passion for health and fitness is neccesary and experience in a similar role would be an advantage. A proven track record of managing in a similar role is essential.
Being able to multi-task is a must, you will need to offer warm hospitality to our gym members and hotel guests whilst ensuring all aspects of the Gym runs smoothly.
You should have high standards and thrive in a customer led environment. If you are a strong leader who enjoys going the extra mile and have excellent interpersonal skills this could be the role for you.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Middletons is a unique hotel with fantastic character in the historic city of York. With 56 bedrooms, restaurant, bar and conference facilities it's a busy place to work and customer service is central to everything. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Middletons Hotel, York