Banqueting Chef - Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
1150 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS15 8ZB 53.794247 -1.426978
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Banqueting Chef to be help lead our skilled kitchen team
As Banqueting Chef you are a vital part of our brigade and will support the Head Chef to deliver a varied large scale banqueting menu. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Assisting the Head Chef with effective kitchen management
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our conference and events menus
- Managing the banqueting kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
- Being aware of and supporting the delivery of financial targets
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch for large numbers. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to implement them is important. Proven previous experience in delivering high quality banqueting food is essential. If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career. We can support you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications through our academies that will develop your skills as you journey up the ladder.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a conference buffet or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa is a four-star property within easy reach of Leeds, so is popular with leisure and business guests. With 117 guest rooms, 21 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it is a busy hotel and customer service is at the heart of everything. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa