Gardener and Grounds Maintenance - North Lakes Hotel & Spa
Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria, North Lakes CA11 8QT 54.655274 -2.758429
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
We’re looking for a Gardener to maintain all of the outside space in our beautiful property.
You will be green fingered, have a passion for horticulture and an eye for detail. With flower beds, lawns and a wildflower meadow to look after no two days will be the same.
Your day to day;
- Seasonal planting of flowers and shrubs, ensuring they are watered, fed and pruned
- Preparing and maintaining any hanging baskets or pots
- Keeping the grounds tidy and free of leaves and litter
- Mowing and feeding lawned areas
- Planning the next years planting and landscaping so we always ready for the next season
- Our hotel’s grounds give the first and last impression to our guests, you will have to ensure our property is always looking at its best
Who are we looking for?
You will have a good knowledge of plants, pruning, lawn care, pest and disease identification and treatment. You will need to ensure our gardens stay in prime condition throughout the year.
Experience with typical gardening machinery would be an advantage but an understanding of the importance of health and safety in the workplace is a must.
You’ll love the outdoors and getting your hands dirty, come rain or shine tending to your garden will always be your passion.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
North Lakes Hotel & Spa is ideally placed at the gateway to the Lake District National Park, near Penrith, so as you might expect it welcomes guests from around the world. It is a four-star property that has developed a strong reputation among leisure and business guests, with 84 guest rooms, 11 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
North Lakes Hotel & Spa