Head Chef - Parson's Collar
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879857 -1.25041
Lodge at Solent
We’re looking for a Head Chef to lead the kitchen team in our busy Pub
You will support the Executive Head Chef and be responsible for a diverse team, serving the highest standard of food seven days per week. Our kitchen can serve over a thousand meals per week including breakfast, lunch, dinner, conference & events and room service.
Your day to day;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that ingredients are stored, prepared, cooked and presented to the highest standard that meets our guests’ requirements and complies with food safety guidelines
- Ensuring a clean and hygienic kitchen environment is maintained at all times, following food safety management procedures and keeping the necessary records that meet internal and external standards
- Support the development of menus and dishes in line with business requirements
- Use provided technology to aid menu planning, purchasing and safety procedures
- Support the Executive Head Chef and the hotels’ leadership team to ensure a safe environment for both guests and staff
- You will constantly focus on improving the performance of your team and yourself, consistently achieving targets and delivering results
Who are we looking for?
Someone with a proven track record of managing rotas and controlling labour costs. You must understand the need to consider team characteristics and their collective productivity.
You will be comfortable collaborating with other senior managers in the hotel, sharing best practices in recruitment, retention and developing talented individuals.
Someone who can set measurable, challenging goals for all team members, finding ways to improve staff knowledge and their approach, coaching and mentoring all kitchen managers.
You will have a grasp of the principles of supply chain management, waste management, sustainable procurement and working practices in the kitchen. Understanding the principles of profit and loss and recognising how you can support the overall financial performance of the business through an efficient operation, building on past experience to achieve annual budgets.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Parson's Collar is a comfortable, friendly pub which serves guests from the attached Lodge at Solent along with those from The Solent Hotel & Spa. The Lodge has 54 guest rooms, cafe, lounge and bar. Offering affordable accommodation and dining options to complement the luxury experience from its sister property. With its handy location between Portsmouth and Southampton, it's a busy place and there's no better time to join the team. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Lodge at Solent