Wedding & Events Coordinator - Solent Hotel & Spa
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879927 -1.249534
Solent Hotel & Spa
We’re looking for a Wedding & Events Coordinator to join our Conference & Events sales team
If you’re a sales coordinator or have experience of event planning and are looking for a detail orientated role that could be the beginning of a career in Events this position could be for you.
Your day to day;
- Being the point of contact for conference, wedding and event clients answering any queries they might have
- You will use your keen eye for detail to help develop the clients’ events and showcase the hotels facilities to maximize revenue
- Ensuring administration of the diary is up to date, confirming conference occupancy and any other events, ensuring customer needs are effectively communicated and delivered
- Offering show-rounds to potential Conference, Wedding & Events Clients working around their schedule
- Attending wedding fairs and other sales events to improve knowledge
- Your working weeks can vary and will include some weekends
Who are we looking for?
We need someone who is passionate about Events to join our fantastic Conference and Events sales team.
Wedding & Events are very important to our guests but they also mean a lot to us too, we pride ourselves on providing great facilities and experiences. You will need to identify opportunities to promote every part of the hotel, maximizing revenue and ensuring the guests get everything they want.
You will be able to provide warm hospitality to customers, companies and agents making bookings whilst driving sales and achieving targets.
If you have a flair for organisation, great communication skills and can turn ideas into reality then this could be the role for you.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Solent Hotel & Spa