Commis Chef - Middletons
York York Skeldergate YO1 6DS 53.954696 -1.084196
Middletons Hotel, York
We’re looking for a Commis Chef to join our skilled kitchen team.
As Commis Chef you can take your first steps into becoming a vital part of our high-performing brigade. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
- Preparation and presentation of food for service
- Adhering to food safety standards
- Assist the kitchen team when necessary to ensure smooth and efficient service
- Continue on your journey of development picking up new skills all of the time
Who are we looking for?
Experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch is beneficial. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential. We offer training academies with national recognised qualifications to springboard you into a career.
If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you. We are looking for someone with a passion for food and the drive to develop.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking the first step in their career.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Middletons is a unique hotel with fantastic character in the historic city of York. With 56 bedrooms, restaurant, bar and conference facilities it's a busy place to work and customer service is central to everything. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Middletons Hotel, York