Hotel Operations Manager / Head of Guest Experience
Manchester Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 0SU 53.319014 -2.391982
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Are you currently a Hotel Operations Manager or Deputy General Manager?
We’re looking for someone experienced in Hotel Operations to be our Head of Guest Experience
Providing exceptional guest service and hospitality is our passion; our guests and members are at the heart of everything we do.
Your day to day;
- Managing key operational teams (food and drink, conference, spa and spa treatments, and reception) ensuring the highest levels of guest experience are provided at every touch point
- Reporting directly to the General Manager, and alongside the Leadership Team, you will deliver the operational and sales strategy for all areas you are responsible for
- Working closely with the Heads of Department to support recruitment, retention and training
- Coaching and development of all of your Departmental Managers
- Complete monthly P&L reviews with your managers, reporting results to the General Manager
Who are we looking for?
As a key member of the Leadership Team, we are looking for a dynamic and commercial individual whose sole focus is enhancing the guest journey and experience, whilst leading our front of house, food and drink and spa and spa treatment teams.
You will have a thorough understanding of the industry and market place being aware of the challenges and opportunities.
Being skilled in delegation and multi-tasking is essential. The role covers a number of departments in which you will develop your teams, mentoring and driving a strong commercial culture whilst offering that very best guest experience.
You will contribute to the overall operation of the hotel by having a high level of presence within the business, completing operational management shifts and deputising for the General Manager in their absence.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Immediate Gym & Spa Membership with discounted family packages
- Free Health cash plan to claim health care expenses back
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- Genuine career development opportunities in an engaging & supportive work environment
Cottons Hotel & Spa is a busy four-star property in Knutsford, Cheshire, with 138 guest rooms, 14 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa. It is a popular choice with business and leisure guests and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience to everyone who comes through the doors. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th January
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 15th January
Cottons Hotel & Spa