Relief Deputy Manager
Blackburn Blackburn Myerscough Road, Mellor Brook BB27LB 53.7775038603 -2.5490427017
Daniel Thwaites PLC
We’re searching for a Relief Deputy Manager to support our group of Inns
You’ll have a passion for people and a head for business. This is a rewarding challenge and the opportunity for someone to step into a range of different properties.
Your day to day;
- Providing both planned and reactive support to our management teams
- Communicating with GMs, planning your own diary a month in advance
- Working alongside our GMs to deliver fantastic hospitality and deputising in their absence
- When necessary overseeing the control of rotas
- Managing payroll budgets in line with business strategy
- Taking responsibility for all of the business operations when you are on shift
- When possible developing the skills of the team members around you
- Being the point of call for any management issues when on shift
- When needed, being hands on with food service, room reservations and looking after guests
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be proactive and a good communicator, ensuring the smooth running of the business. We need someone with previous experience of working within a busy, food-led operation – exposure to management duties is essential.
This role is a key part of our leadership program but you will also need to be comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting involved with service.
You will be comfortable adapting to rapidly changing circumstances, understanding that this role requires a certain amount of flexibility and the ability to react to the needs of the business. At times you may be walking in to a challenging situation; resilience, self-belief and unwavering motivation is a must.
Our business is open all day every day so you will need to be flexible with the times you can work. You will need to be prepared to be away from home for the full working week, have a full driving licence and your own car. Accommodation will be provided and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
This is a great opportunity for career development and an opportunity for you to fine tune your managerial skills in a range of businesses.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The House of Daniel Thwaites is a group of Hotels and Inns spread across the country. We offer warmest hospitality and service in all of properties, each chosen for its character and charm.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations.
Daniel Thwaites PLC