Junior Sous Chef - The Fleece
Market Place, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 2NZ 51.717065 -1.966386
The Fleece at Cirencester
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Sous Chef to help drive our skilled kitchen team.
As Junior Sous Chef you are a vital part of our brigade and will support the Sous & Head Chef. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Supporting the Sous Chef with the management of the kitchen in line with the Head Chef’s direction
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
- Managing a section in our kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
- Helping with the ordering and storage of food supplies
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to implement them is important. Proven previous experience is essential. If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
You will enjoy sharing your knowledge with junior members of a team but will also look to those around you to grow your own skills.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career. We can support you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications through our academies that will develop your skills as you journey up the ladder.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Fleece at Cirencester is full of history and character, mixed with a blend of modern style and service. With a busy restaurant, bars and guest rooms, customer service is central to everything and our team is key to our success. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
The Fleece at Cirencester