Talent & Development Adviser
Blackburn Blackburn Myerscough Road, Mellor Brook BB27LB 53.7775038603 -2.5490427017
Daniel Thwaites PLC
We’re looking for a Talent & Development Adviser to join our team at Daniel Thwaites
The People Team plays an important part in supporting the delivery of the company purpose ‘to put people at ease through our real hospitality delivered in a socially responsible way by friendly faces in our outstanding properties in great locations’. This role will support the delivery of the talent and development activities to help deliver our people plan.
Your day to day;
- Build great relationships with key team members to understand our business and use this knowledge to confidently deliver your role.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on all aspects of talent, learning & development, showcasing the latest industry thinking that is fit for purpose for our business.
- Support with the design and delivery of our new ‘I am learning’ framework, using a range of best practice learning tools including; training courses, online learning, workshops and development programmes to meet the needs of our team members.
- Work collaboratively with the People Team to support the delivery of key people projects across our business
- Proactively manage the annual refresher and mandatory training requirements to ensure we comply with legal training requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Create & rollout tools to support talent management, learning & development in our business
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of our apprenticeship & talent academies, regularly reviewing the content to ensure the programmes are fit for purpose and deliver return on investment.
- Support with the evaluation of all learning, talent and development activities that you implement to understand the impact on our teams / individuals and the return on investment
- Effective management of our learning, talent and development systems and processes
- Create and manage relevant KPI’s to enable us to identify key trends and future actions
- Manage all the associated administration to drive effectiveness across the department
Who are we looking for:
You will have 2-3 Years HR/ L&D, a training qualification/ CIPD is desirable but not essential.
A passion for inspiring creativity, being ahead of trends and trying new things
An eye for quality, always trying to provide first class service to our customers and challenging yourself to be better
Provide warm, genuine hospitality by understanding that every team member is different, anticipating needs and exceeding expectations, all delivered with a smile.
Take pride in your craft, bringing your skill and expertise to everything you do and having an eye for detail to deliver excellence.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 33 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
This role is primarily based at our Head Office at Mellor Brook in a beautiful location on the edge of the Ribble Valley, just outside of Blackburn. The purpose-built offices opened in September 2018 and are home to the central support functions for our Pubs, Inns and Hotels as well as a state-of-the-art micro-brewery and the stables for our four shire horses.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Daniel Thwaites PLC