Hotel Management Accountant - Financial Controller - Accounts Manager
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879927 -1.249534
Solent Hotel & Spa
We’re looking for a Financial Controller to be the on site support for our centralised Finance Team.
You will need to have a head for figures and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
Your day to day;
- Working closely with the Finance team at Head Office to ensure accuracy of management accounts providing journal adjustments as necessary
- You will be responsible for the numerical docket control system, all cash and credit card reconciliations as well as raising purchase orders and checking online invoices against the procurement system
- Ensure that the daily business balances to monies received and banked and/or debited to sales ledger
- You must manage and understand the Hotels P&L, providing monthly accruals to head office as required
Who are we looking for?
As the Financial Controller you will report to the Hotel General Manager supporting in all areas of commercial/financial development. You will need to be confident enough to communicate at this level and challenge when necessary.
Previous experience as a Financial Controller or similar role within the Hospitality Industry would be advantageous.
A keen eye for detail is essential using a right first-time approach to deliver clear and accurate reports.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Solent Hotel & Spa