Food Support Co-ordinator
Mellor Brook Mellor Brook Myerscough Road BB2 7LB 53.7775038603 -2.5490105152
We have a great opportunity for a Food Support Co-ordinator to join our team at head office.
This is a new role for our business and a great chance for someone with a passion for food and a keen eye for detail to be a part of a growing business.
Your day to day;
- Maintain the recipe portfolio for our managed estate, proofreading all menus and using prior knowledge to highlight any errors
- Cross reference and manage all recipe information within internal procurement software
- Create content for and update the internal website for our tenanted pubs providing innovative ideas to boost sales through blogs, news feed and recipes
- Collaborate with Marketing, Drinks Development and Group Food Support Manager to build
content and activities which can be included in the tenanted pub’s sales planner
- Be involved in the food safety and allergen support for the company, facilitating regular audits
- Keeping up to date with current food trends and supporting Chefs and Managers in creating new menus
Who are we looking for?
You should be passionate about food and have a genuine interest in culinary development and trends. Detail orientated with a creative flair and be able to adapt to changes in pace.
We’re looking for someone who is focused on delivering great support to our tenanted customers, chefs and general managers throughout our business. Someone who is comfortable collaborating on multiple tasks at one time.
You will have experience in recipe writing, costing and menu development as well as having a grasp of GP calculation.
A good level of IT skills is essential including web, email and Office. Experience on food trends and procurement management systems would be an advantage.
You will be able to communicate on a number of levels and be able to adapt your style to suit your audience.
There are no set qualifications required but this role would be suitable for someone with a relatable degree or experience in a kitchen management or food support role.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 33 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
It's an exciting time to join our business, we’ve recently moved into our new home in the Ribble Valley - a purpose built £8m office, that boasts its own Grade II listed building, a brewery and stables. We’ve also recently launched the new House of Daniel Thwaites collective and so, with ambitious plans, you'd be joining us at a great moment in time.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?