Area Business Manager - Midlands - Pub Ops
DE74 2AB 53.2226048 -2.82624
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Pub Operations Team as Area Business Manager
Our Head Office is in Mellor Brook near Blackburn but you will spend the majority of your time travelling around the 35 or so properties that you are responsible for, someone based around the A50 and M1 junction would be ideally placed for this area. Visiting a diverse set of pubs ensuring that the Tenanted Customers are operating at maximum profitability, truly no two days will be the same.
Your day to day;
- Maintain and develop an area of tenanted pubs to maximise profitability for both the Company and the customer
- Along with our Recruitment Manager, identify, recruit and appoint new Tenanted Customers who fit the property and will be able to deliver on an agreed business plan
- Work with our Tenanted Customers, utilising all our support functions, to grow their sales lines across all income streams ensuring their business is sustainable for the long term.
- Manage the credit control function and purchasing obligations across your area following commercially sound principles and in line with our Code of Practice.
- Ensure each pub is meeting operational standards and is compliant to all necessary legislation
- Regularly report on the performance of your area and identify any opportunities to improve profitability
Who are we looking for?
Strong commercial acumen is a must for this role, you will need to deliver an area P&L along with a maintenance strategy to agreed budgets and in conjunction with the Estates Division.
You will need to have an aptitude for critical thinking with the ability to identify and manage development opportunities to ensure an agreed return on investment.
Keen negotiating skills are necessary to fulfil this role. You will be expected to lead rent negotiations at the time of agreement and renewal referencing all appropriate influencing factors.
You must be comfortable working independently and be prepared to take responsibility for decision making. You will need excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Experience in a similar role is needed with a proven track record of delivering challenging but achievable targets.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Company car
- 33 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
It's an exciting time to join our business, we’ve recently moved into our new home in the Ribble Valley - a purpose built £8m office, that boasts its own Grade II listed building, a brewery and stables. With ambitious plans, you'd be joining us at a great moment in time.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?