Head of Operations - Multi Site
Blackpool Blackpool 5 Dickson Road FY1 2AX 53.821384778 -3.0517959594
Blackpool’s Iconic Funny Girls is looking for a Head of Operations to oversee its 4 venues
The showbar, famous for its unique drag cabaret, and its three associated late-night venues are at the heart of the town’s LGBTQ community. Recently bought by Lancashire brewer, Daniel Thwaites, it is set for long term investment to cement its future as a cornerstone of Blackpool’s nightlife.
Your day to day;
- Leading our diverse teams to deliver warm hospitality in a unique environment with a theatrical flair
- Cerate and then carry out an agreed business plan that meets sales and profit targets
- Ensure all planned shows and events go without a hitch and exceed expectations
- Managing payroll budgets and rotas in line with agreed targets
- Maintain and report on all business records as required
- Taking responsibility for all of the business operations when you are on shift
- Managing and developing the skills of your team
- When needed, being hands on with F&B service, booking enquiries and looking after guests
Who are we looking for?
The business has recently been acquired by Daniel Thwaites, so is going through a period of change and investment, you will need to be proactive and a good communicator to ensure the continued smooth running of the business. A methodical approach with a proven history of project management is essential.
Everybody in Blackpool knows Funny Girls but we want to grow the brand and make sure those visiting the town have already heard about us before they arrive. You’ll need to develop relationships with local and national organisations to shout about what we do. You will be the “face” of the business and a key part of our leadership team.
With seasonal shows, guest acts and lively venues to fill every night, business acumen and experience with preparing P&Ls is essential. With the support of your team, you will need to set and agree an ambitious sales strategy that will ensure increased ticket and event sales as well as impact F&B revenue.
We need someone with previous experience of working within a busy entertainment and hospitality operation – exposure to a multi-site role would be advantageous. You’ll need to be adaptable, taking challenges in your stride, getting involved and rolling up your sleeves if needed.
Funny Girls has been integral to developing the LGBTQ community and were proud to recently host the Blackpool Pride Awards. It’s really important to us to continue to develop this area of the business, so ideally the successful candidate would have links or experience of working in this field.
The venues predominantly open in the evenings and are busiest at weekends so you will need to be flexible with the times you can work.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after 5 years’ service)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
We have four unique venues: Funny Girls, our long established showbar; our nightclub Flamingo; the Whippet Inn pub; and the Flying Handbag late night venue.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?