Prep Chef or Baker
Malham, Skipton BD23 4DB 54.061936 -2.152369
The Lister Arms
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Baker or Prep Chef to be part of our dynamic kitchen team.
As Baker at the Lister Arms you can become a vital part of our skilled brigade. Spending your days preparing delicious pies, bread and other pastry items in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Batch cooking amazing pies and bread from scratch to be served throughout the day
- Managing your own time and area in the kitchen cooking from fresh and to deadlines
- Ensuring the highest levels of hygiene and safety
- Maintaining areas of work and machinery
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
Who are we looking for?
This role can be flexible and can in some part work around your own schedule. It is a full-time position, five days out of seven.
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and batch cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Lister Arms is nestled in the beautiful village of Malham and is a popular choice for walkers and dog lovers. It's busy with guests with high expectations for good quality food, drinks and accommodation - and it doesn't disappoint; customer service is at the heart of everything. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
The Lister Arms