Pooley Bridge, Penrith CA10 2NP 54.612496 -2.821224
Crown Inn at Pooley Bridge
We’re looking for a Head Chef to lead the kitchen team in our busy Inn
You will be responsible for a diverse team, serving the highest standard of food seven days per week. The kitchen can serve around thousand meals per week including breakfast, lunch, dinner, events and room service.
Your day to day;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that ingredients are stored, prepared, cooked and presented to the highest standard that meets our guests’ requirements and complies with food safety guidelines
- Ensuring a clean and hygienic kitchen environment is maintained at all times, following food safety management procedures and keeping the necessary records that meet internal and external standards
- Support the development of and contribute to reviewing and refreshing menus and dishes in line with business requirements and other external factors
- Use provided technology to aid menu planning, purchasing and safety procedures
- Collaborate with the Inn’s leadership team to ensure a safe environment for both guests and staff
- You will constantly focus on improving the performance of your team and yourself, consistently achieving targets and delivering results
Who are we looking for?
You will be able to demonstrate a keen business sense, producing menu items and directing a team in line with commercial and customer requirements delivering the highest level of quality.
Someone with a proven track record of designing rotas that allow you to forecast and manage labour costs. You must understand the need to consider team characteristics and their collective productivity, looking to improve and deliver standards in the most efficient way possible.
You will be comfortable collaborating with other senior chefs in the group, sharing best practices in recruitment, retention and developing talented individuals.
From your experience you will be able to identify ways that business strategy, customer profile, culture and constraints influence the development of creative, profitable and competitive menus. You will be able to foresee market and business scenarios that present risks and opportunities to the business.
Someone who can set measurable, challenging goals for all team members, finding ways to improve staff knowledge and their approach, coaching and mentoring the kitchen team. Experience of delivering technical training and development content would be beneficial.
You will have a grasp of the principles of supply chain management, waste management, sustainable procurement and working practices in the kitchen. Understanding the principles of profit and loss and recognising how you can support the overall financial performance of the business through an efficient operation building on past experience to achieve monthly and annual budgets.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Crown Inn is set on the riverside of the picturesque village of Pooley Bridge and has recently benefitted from a major investment which has transformed both the interior and exterior. With a restaurant, bar and guest rooms, it's an extremely busy place to work and you never know what each shift might bring. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Crown Inn at Pooley Bridge