Main Street, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5HZ 54.600464 -3.136371
The Royal Oak
Are you looking for the next step in your F&B career?
We’re searching for a Deputy Manager with a passion for people and head for business.
Your day to day;
- Working alongside the GM to deliver fantastic hospitality and deputising in their absence
- Overseeing the control of rotas
- Managing payroll budgets in line with agreed targets
- Taking responsibility for all of the business operations when you are on shift
- Managing and developing the skills of your team
- Being the point of call for any management issues
- When needed, being hands on with food service, room reservations and looking after guests
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be proactive and a good communicator and ensure the smooth running of the business.
This role is a key part of our leadership team but you will also need to be comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting involved with service.
We need someone with previous experience of working within a busy, food-led operation – exposure to supervisory or management duties is essential.
Our business is open all day every day so you will need to be flexible with the times you can work.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Royal Oak is situated in the heart of Keswick and its historic roots and closeness to Cumbrian fells make it a popular destination among walkers, holiday makers and literary fans. With a busy restaurant, bars and guest rooms, customer service is central to everything and our team is the key to its success. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
The Royal Oak