People & Training Administrator
Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria, North Lakes CA11 8QT 54.655274 -2.758429
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
We’re looking for a P&T Administrator to support the Human Resources activities in our busy hotel.
It’s a part time role amounting to 3 days per week, however we can be flexible just let us know what you need. We are happy to discuss how these hours are spread over the week and try to work around your schedule
Your day to day;
- Ensuring that all 4-weekly and salaried payroll administration is completed accurately using a dedicated payroll system. Regularly advising and supporting managers in completing their team rotas to facilitate this process.
- Managing the recruitment of the hotel through an Applicant Tracking System, advertising roles and controlling the candidate process
- Supporting hiring managers with the recruitment selection process following strategic guidelines agreed with the wider People & Development team.
- When needed being directly involved in candidate interviews
- Collating a weekly report for the General manager highlighting key people metrics, i.e. starters, leavers, absence, open roles etc
- Issuing contracts to new starters and managing their induction and the on boarding process
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience in providing front line administration support in a confidential environment. Ideally this would be in a HR position but could also suit someone from another sector including finance, healthcare or education.
A high degree of attention to detail is essential. It’s vital to have excellent organisation skills and the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be able to demonstrate first class customer care when dealing with both internal and external customers.
An analytical and logical way of working is critical along with the confidence to make decisions and to advise those around you. Knowledge of competency based interviewing techniques would be advantageous.
Someone who is hands on and pragmatic, a person who can see solutions where others only see problems.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
North Lakes Hotel & Spa is ideally placed at the gateway to the Lake District National Park, near Penrith, so as you might expect it welcomes guests from around the world. It is a four-star property that has developed a strong reputation among leisure and business guests, with 84 guest rooms, 11 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
North Lakes Hotel & Spa