7 Limekiln Lane, Earlswood, Solihull B94 6BU 52.366982 -1.819326
Bulls Head at Earlswood
We’re looking for a General Manager to lead the team in our busy Inn – The Bull’s Head
You will be responsible for a diverse team, serving the highest standard of food and drinks seven days per week. Providing exceptional guest service and hospitality is our passion; our guests are at the heart of everything we do. This position is not a live-in role.
Your day to day;
- Leading our team to deliver warm hospitality in a fantastic environment
- Create and then carry out an agreed business plan that meets sales and profit targets
- Managing payroll budgets and rotas in line with agreed targets
- Maintain and report on all business records as required
- Taking responsibility for all of the business operations when you are on shift and when needed ensure the team in place can operate in your absence
- You will constantly focus on improving the performance of your team and yourself, consistently achieving targets and delivering results
- When needed, being hands on with F&B service, booking enquiries and looking after guests
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be proactive and a good communicator, ensuring the continued smooth running of the business. You will be comfortable collaborating with other senior leaders in our group. Sharing best practices on operations, recruitment, retention and developing talented individuals.
Business acumen and experience with preparing P&Ls is essential. With the support of your team, you will need to set and deliver an ambitious budget that will ensure profit is maximised by managing costs and driving revenue.
Someone who can set measurable, challenging goals for all team members, finding ways to improve staff’ knowledge and their approach, coaching and mentoring all managers. Experience of delivering technical training and development content would be beneficial. You will be expected to build Individual Development Plans for you team using our in-house academies and training programmes as the main route for development.
From your experience you will be able to identify ways that business strategy, customer profile, culture and constraints influence the development of a creative, profitable and competitive product. You will be able to foresee market and business scenarios that present risks and opportunities to the business.
All of our properties serve food prepared totally from scratch. Experience in a similar high-quality environment is essential. Our business is open all day every day so you will need to be flexible with the times you can work.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after 5 years’ service)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Bulls Head is an historic country inn, near Solihull. It has a great reputation for quality food and real ale - and it's a great place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Bulls Head at Earlswood