Cluster People Partner
Mellor Brook Mellor Brook Myerscough Road BB2 7LB 53.7775038603 -2.5490427017
Daniel Thwaites Head Office
Are you an HR Manager or Business Partner with experience in a group or cluster role?
We are looking for an approachable, dynamic and process driven individual to be the Cluster People Partner for Cumbria and Lancashire. You’ll be responsible for the HR function in a collection of our properties, this is a home-based role but requires regular travel across your region.
Your day to day;
- You will be the first point of call for major stakeholders on all things people issues you will need to be available to support a variety of properties with any day to day ER issues
- Support & if necessary, lead any disciplinary or grievance procedures
- Use your knowledge and experience to support and coach senior managers on any people issues that arise. Empowering them where possible to resolve the issues in an informal manner
- Support the property representatives with their 4 weekly and monthly payrolls, ensuring they are up to date and on time
- You will be the face of the people team on the ground and will need to drive and support any major change programmes
- Support the group L&D, Recruitment and Payroll specialists whenever necessary, ensuring a unified message is delivered
Who are we looking for?
You must hold MCIPD status with a level 5 or equivalent qualification in HR or Management. Experience in the hospitality industry would be an advantage but the role could also be suited to someone in retail or other fast-moving industry.
An in-depth knowledge of employment law and its day to day applications in a fast-paced business is essential. You will need to use pre-existing training and development tools to create individual development plans for senior managers.
You will have the ability to seamlessly move between big picture and detail, using a mix of intuition and pragmatism. The role requires you to be flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
Someone with a coaching qualification who has a proven track record of utilising their skills. You must be qualified in a recognised psychometric tool and be comfortable interpreting their results.
You will need to have an open and warm manor, gaining the trust of your stakeholders and ensuring they approach you with any issues.
As our business has recently gone through a restructure, experience of a company going through a change process is essential.
You will be hands on and solution orientated; you must have the ability to see a way through the most difficult of situations and be totaly confidential in all cases.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary
- Company car allowance
- 33 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Being part of large people team with a wealth of knowledge to draw upon
- An engaging & supportive work environment
- Training and development opportunities
The House of Daniel Thwaites is a family of fantastic places, filled with the friendly people who work there and the guests who come to enjoy some genuine hospitality.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Daniel Thwaites Head Office