Assistant Head Housekeeper
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879927 -1.249534
Solent Hotel & Spa
Role Assistant Head Housekeeper
Reporting To Head Housekeeper
The purpose of this role is to ensure cleaning duties within the Hotel are completed to the standards set by the Head Housekeeper whilst upholding the core values of Thwaites Hotels.
It is your responsibility to ensure the Housekeeping Department operates efficiently to maximum profitability and guest care. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deputising for the Head Housekeeper
- Implementation of standards of cleanliness and presentation established in the SOPs and/ or product plan
- Implementation of standards established by the Head Housekeeper
- Assisting the Head Housekeeper with the co-ordination, setting of rotas and control of departmental staff
- To assist the Head Housekeeper with the control ordering of stock
- To assist the Head Housekeeper with the log of linen defects in order to handover to the supplier
- Servicing and presentation of guest bedrooms
Deputising for the Head Housekeeper
- To induct and train new housekeeping staff to the required standard of the Company.
- To assist the Head Housekeeper in ensuring a high level of personal appearance of all staff in the department
- To assist with the creation and maintenance of rotas and ensuring that these are submitted onto Fourth
- Ensuring stock levels are correct and ordering materials if necessary
Implementation of standards established by the Thwaites Hotels Housekeeping document and Head Housekeeper.
- To service guests rooms and, if required, public areas to the minimum standard specified by the Head Housekeeper
Assisting Head Housekeeper with Department Personnel
- Assume responsibility for tasks as delegated by the Head Housekeeper
- Deputise for the Head Housekeeper during periods of holiday or other absence
- Assist the Head Housekeeper with the aim of operating the department as efficiently, cost effectively and to the standards specified
Servicing and Presentation of Guest Bedrooms
- To conduct checks on the standards of work of departmental staff to ensure the achievement of the required minimum standard
- To assist with the liaison between Housekeeping and Reception
- To service guest bedrooms or public areas to the required minimum standard
- To liaise with the maintenance department regarding facilities
n return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations – What are you Thwaiting for?
Solent Hotel & Spa