Spa Receptionist / Team member
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879927 -1.249534
Solent Hotel & Spa
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Spa Team.
As Spa Receptionist/ Team Member you will ensure we provide the highest standards in our Spa, provide the warmest of Welcomes to our guests and ensure the smooth running of the spa within the hotel.
Your day to day;
- To meet and great all customers ensuring a warm, friendly and professional welcome to those using the Spa facilities
- To aim to give the best possible service at all times, communicating efficiently and accurately with hotel reception on bookings, billings etc
- Responsible for specific administrative procedures, e.g., bookings, cash handling, signing in of users, dealing with telephone enquiries, stock of stationery, confirmation letters etc
- Responsible for dealing with sales enquiries and ensuring that the sales tracking system is updated with relevant follow up calls being made
- To ensure that all areas of responsibility are delivered in accordance with Health & Safety Policy
- To communicate all messages promptly and to keep the informed as to any compliments and complaints
- To promote ‘secondary sales’ in all areas of the spa and hotel, achieving sales targets set down by the Spa Manager
- To maintain the standard of appearance of the reception area and display cabinets
- Ensure completion of opening, closing and financial procedures and checks eg. cashing up are completed accurately
- Deliver a high level of communication is delivered to ensure the smooth running of the Spa
- To attend all training courses as deemed necessary by the Spa Manager
Who are we looking for?
You will need to have a good rapport with staff and guests and be able to effectively communicate on all levels.
A Passion for spa, well-being and fitness is a essential and experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
Being able to multi-task is a must, you will need to offer warm hospitality to our spa members and hotel guests whilst ensuring all aspects of the Spa runs smoothly.
You should have high standards and thrive in a customer led environment.
If you enjoy going the extra mile and have excellent interpersonal skills this could be the role for you.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of Thwaites Hotels, a unique collection of 8 luxury hotels offering high quality service from food to spa treatments to accommodation. Last August we also opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel, so it's an exciting time to join the team.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Solent Hotel & Spa