9 Lendal, York YO1 8AQ 53.96056 -1.085363
Judge's Lodging York
Are you ready to take the next step in your F&B career?
We are searching for a Food & Beverage Team Leader who can support our Deputy & Assistant Manager’s in our busy Inn. The Judge’s Lodging holds one rosette and is a 5 star property. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week, 4 days out of 7. We can be flexible with the days you work and will always try to give you one in every three weekends off.
Your day to day;
- Serving food & drink, taking room reservations and looking after guests
- Being the first point of call for any guest issues
- Leading a shift, ensuring our guests receive high standards of service and want to return
- Supporting and motivating the team
- Maintaining staffing levels to meet payroll budgets under guidance of your manager
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be proactive and ensure the smooth running of your department and team, guiding them to achieving individual goals and meeting company targets.
This is a hands-on role so you will need to be comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting involved with service. You will work closely with senior management, taking direction and working on your own initiative.
We need someone with previous experience of working within a busy, food-led operation – exposure to supervisory or management duties is desirable.
Our business is open all day every day so you will need to be flexible with the times you can work. You will go the extra mile for your guests and will act as a role model and mentor to others.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Judge's Lodging is in the heart of the historic city of York and known for its character, locally sourced food and fantastic range of real ales, gin and whisky. With a busy restaurant, bars and guest rooms, customer service is central to everything and our team is the key to our success. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Judge's Lodging York