Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879857 -1.25041
Lodge at Solent
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Breakfast Chef to be help drive our dynamic kitchen team.
As Breakfast Chef you are a vital part of our team. Spending your days serving delicious hot and cold breakfasts, buffets and lunches in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Assisting Chef to manage the kitchen in line with the Head Chef’s direction
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
- Managing a section in our kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
- Helping with the ordering and storage of food supplies
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to implement them is important. Proven previous experience is essential.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Lodge at Solent has 54 guest rooms, cafe, lounge and bar it offers affordable accommodation and dining options to complement the luxury experience offered by its sister property, Solent Hotel & Spa. With its handy location between Portsmouth and Southampton, it's going to be a busy location and there's no better time to join the team.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Lodge at Solent