People and Training Administrator (HR)
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7AJ 50.879927 -1.249534
Solent Hotel & Spa
Do you want to support the Human Resources activities in our busy hotel....
It’s a part time role amounting to 32 hours per week, however we can be flexible just let us know what you need. We are happy to discuss how these hours are spread over the week and try to work around your schedule.
Your day to day;
- Ensuring that all 4-weekly and salaried payroll administration is completed accurately using a dedicated payroll system. Regularly advising and supporting managers in completing their team rotas to facilitate this process.
- Managing the recruitment of the hotel through an Applicant Tracking System, advertising roles and controlling the candidate process
- Supporting hiring managers with the recruitment selection process following strategic guidelines agreed with the wider People & Development team.
- When needed being directly involved in candidate interviews
- Collating a weekly report for the General manager highlighting key people metrics, i.e. starters, leavers, absence, open roles etc
- Issuing contracts to new starters and managing their induction and the on boarding process
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience in providing front line administration support in a confidential environment. Ideally this would be in a HR position but could also suit someone from another sector including finance, healthcare or education.
A high degree of attention to detail is essential. It’s vital to have excellent organisation skills and the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be able to demonstrate first class customer care when dealing with both internal and external customers.
An analytical and logical way of working is critical along with the confidence to make decisions and to advise those around you. Knowledge of competency based interviewing techniques would be advantageous.
Someone who is hands on and pragmatic, a person who can see solutions where others only see problems.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Solent Hotel & Spa